Top 5 Ways to Handle Criticism
Criticism is a common aspect which you often face in every phase of your life . People criticize you, if you do something or if you don’t do anything or if you do something that no one does. We often remain under the misconception that only useless people or people with empty minds are the ones to be criticized.
But, if you take a look at the history, mostly, the so called genius of the world and leaders in their fields were often criticized. People named them mad and insane. These people received less or no attention and believed in what they thought was right, hence, these were the ones who were most successful.
So, criticism, is not what matters, what matters is how you react to it, take or leave it and move ahead to see success. So, let us look at some of the ways that will help us to handle criticism in a way that will help us to progress.
- Know the intention behind the criticism, some people criticize because it’s their nature, while some criticize as it gives them happiness and some people criticize you so that you can learn from mistakes. So, know the intention and leave the criticism.
- Don’t give it back to them. It is but natural for us to defend ourselves when we are criticized for no reason or not for a valid reason. But doing so will give strength to those who criticize us and drag us down to their level so, better to hold yourself back.
- The best way to handle criticism is to respond calmly. Listen to them and then once they cool down tell them how you feel about it.
- If there a fault of yours and others criticize you, accept it and tell that you have got their point and would correct yourself.
- The best way to handle criticism is to have self confidence. If you know what you are and are responsible for your actions, other people’s comments or criticisms shall not bother you. So, focus on increasing your self confidence.
There is also a fact pertaining to criticism, that is, it helps you to know your faults and gives you a chance to correct them. This happens when the people who criticize you are our well wishers or the ones who are bothered about your welfare. In such cases, criticism helps us to progress and to go ahead. So, know the intention behind criticism and then accordingly, take it or leave, but keep moving ahead.
- Nutrition Plays An Important Role Post 40 In A Woman’s Life
- Know what Endometriosis is, and the implications it may have on your fertility
- Pregnant Women’s Immune Response to a Virus May Affect Fetal Brain Cells
- Internal Differences: A New Method for Seeing into Cells
- Things you can use from kitchen to have a glowing skin this monsoon by Dr. Blossom Kochhar